Critical Illness Cover is there to help financially if you are diagnosed with a serious illness.
Serious illnesses can turn your life upside down unexpectedly. Critical Illness Cover give you reassurance that you will receive a cash lump sum if you are diagnosed with one of the conditions covered by your policy. The money could be used to pay off the mortgage or to meet your family’s monthly outgoings, so you have one less thing to worry about and can concentrate on getting better.
Complete our quick form to request a call back.
Speak with one of our friendly experts to discuss your needs.
Receive your tailored protection quote.
Get insured! Your advisor will take care of the paperwork and keep you updated.
Complete our short form for a call back or call us on 0203 540 5800.
What are the key differences between Critical Illness policies?
Critical Illness policies are all designed to do a similar job, pay out a cash lump sum if you are seriously unwell. The detail in the terms can be different between one insurer, so it is it’s important to compare the ‘terms’ details carefully to make sure that you take out a policy that’s right for you. Our expert team can advise you on this – they will consider:
- Which illnesses are covered: Critical Illness policies commonly cover at least 40 conditions, typically the main critical illnesses people suffer from in the UK including coronary artery bypass, major heart attack, kidney failure, major organ transplant, multiple sclerosis, stroke and a defined set of specific cancers.
- Which illnesses are not covered: Some forms of cancer that are included on some policies may not necessarily be covered on others. There are circumstances in which an illness must have advanced to a certain stage before a pay-out will be made.
- Whether it provides cover for your children: If you have children, they may be covered on your policy with some providers and not with others.
Did you know…
- Over £1 billion was paid out in Critical Illness Cover claims in 2018 – 91% of new claims were paid
- Payouts for Critical Illness claims are tax-free.